Welcome to the Homepage of the Decision Neuroscience Group
We study the computational and neurobiological basis of value-based decision-making and its biases using tools from cognitive neuroscience (functional magnetic resonance imaging, transcranial magnetic stimulation, and eye tracking) and behavioral marketing and economics.
Ecole Normale Supérieure
29 rue d'Ulm, 75005 Paris
e-mail: decneuroscience AT gmail.com
Call for abstracts is now open for the Annual Meeting for Society for Neuroeconomics.
Deadline for abstract submission is July 25th 2013.
More details on http://www.neuroeconomics.org/conference
The Third International Symposium on "The Biology of Decisionmaking" will take place on May 29-30 2013 at the Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere in Paris.
More details on https://sites.google.com/site/motivationbrainbehavior/sbdm
NeuroPsychoEconomics conference will take place in Bonn on June 6-7.
More details on http://www.jnpe.org/front_content.php?idcat=11
- September 2012 Hilke won a prize for her poster at the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroeconomics in Miami.
- 20 Aug 2011 The Society for Neuroeconomics will hold its annual meeting on September 30th - October 2nd, 2011 in Evanston, IL. The Society for Neuroeconomics promotes global interdisciplinary discussion on topics lying at the intersection of the brain and decision sciences in hopes of advancing both theory and research. The meeting is attended by scholars of all levels from all areas of neuroeconomic research including the fields of economics, psychology, and neural science, as well as by leaders in fields such as finance and medicine. To learn more and to register, please click on this link.
- 18 Aug 2011 Hilke gave a tutorial to PhD students and interested faculty on Decision Neuroscience at the University of California at San Diego, USA.
- 15 Aug 2011 We have a new group member! Julia Behrend joined the Lab as a new Master student from the Ecole Normale Superieure. Find out more about Julia here.
- 31 May-4 June 2011 Hilke talked about the neural processes underlying regulatory self-control during food choice at a small but very good consumer behavior conference in La Londe.
- 23 May 2011 We have a new group member! Christina Wolf does an internship with us over the summer prior to studying psychology in Germany. To find out more check out the visitor section.
- 19/20 May 2011 Todd Hare, Assistant Professor, Lab for Social Neural Systems Research, Department of Economics, Zurich University and PI Neuroeconomics Group (http://www.sns.uzh.ch/researchgroupsandstaff/hare.html) came and gave a follow-up workshop on functional connectivity, in particular Dynamic Causal Modeling.
- 04/05 April 2011 Todd Hare, Assistant Professor, Lab for Social Neural Systems Research, Department of Economics, Zurich University and PI Neuroeconomics Group (http://www.sns.uzh.ch/researchgroupsandstaff/hare.html) came and gave a workshop on functional connectivity, in particular PPI analysis.
- 25 March 2011 Hilke talked about the sense and non-sense to use brain imaging for obesity research at the “Obésité, santé et société : recherches et convergences” conference for the French presidential plan on fighting obesity held In Paris, France. You can download a video here